Dave and Gail Liniger founded RE/MAX in Denver, Colo.,USA in 1973, prompted by their dissatisfaction with the way real estate business was conducted at the time.
Most real estate offices used the commission-split system, requiring sales professionals to forfeit half of their commissions to their brokers in exchange for an office environment and company services. The top producers contributed the most to the operation's overhead, thus supporting the amateur, part-time and low-producing agents. Support services were lacking in quality.
The Linigers wanted to change all that.
They believed that to attract and retain the best agents, brokers must offer maximum compensation, advanced support services and the freedom to succeed. Agents would share office overhead and pay management fees, and in return receive a wide variety of real estate services and more control over their business. ( RE/MAX= Real Estate Maximums)
The strategy worked.
In every year since 1998, nobody in the world has sold more real estate than RE/MAX. The network’s red, white and blue hot air balloon logo is familiar to homebuyers and sellers in over 80 countries. RE/MAX takes proven techniques and adapts them to local markets, thereby developing a series of tools that real estate professionals find invaluable.
Some of the innovative services created by RE/MAX to help its members become ever more professional and successful include:
- An international agent-to-agent referral network
- Advanced training courses, both on-demand online and in the classroom, via RE/MAX University
- State-of-the-art technological tools and Internet and extranet websites
- Television advertising campaigns that are seen by more viewers in the U.S. and across the world,than those of all competitors combined
In an industry rife with frequent turnover in ownership and management of major real estate networks, RE/MAX remains owned and directed by its founders.
Our franchise RE/MAX Platinum Jamaica will endevour to continue the work started by the founders, to reward our hard working agents based on performance.
Our Mission Statement
- To work ethically, honestly and fairly with clients and real estate professionals
- Put our clients interest above ours
- Recruit , train and retain real estate professionals with a passion for excellence
- Hold ourselves to the highest standards of competency and service within the real estate industry
- Create an atmosphere within RE/MAX Platinum where "Everybody Wins".
- Ken Hollerud
- Lambert Johnson
- Ted Muschett
- Harland Vidal ( Broker)